Hi Mark - not to distract you, as its good to see someone pushing on the Spec
integration with a real use case - but an alternate is a web application.
Presumably you are familiar with Seaside  but there is another kid in town that
I’ve been having a lot of fun with with - CodeParadise - which uses MVP with
the UI hosted transparently as minimal client side image (via the magic of
Pharo Candle to create a minimal Dom based headless image that runs on the
SqueakJS VM) using WebComponents. I’m still in awe over how this works and
brings numerous Smalltalk technologies together (although - seeing Esteban demo
a native spec app earlier this month was very cool too).

CP is still pretty heavily in development (so the same doc scarcity as well -
https://github.com/ErikOnBike/CodeParadise) - but I’ve been helping Erik get
Shoelace (https://shoelace.style/components/card) working in it - and that has
a decent rich set of UI components that you can hook up (there isn’t a tree
view though - not sure if that’s some CSS trickery to accomplish this).

There was a presentation on it a few months ago - https://vimeo.com/457353130

Anyway - welcome to Pharo and isn’t it fun to pick up on Smalltalk again?

Tim