Steve:
       Yes, all 5 of the "unground edge" discs here have etched labels of the
two later patterns, and none of them have the same selection on both sides.
Judging the various sides is naturally subjective - after all, a particular
side might simply be less worn than its inverse.  But it seems to me that a
couple of the discs have smoother surfaces on one side and slightly less
surface
noise, as though the finish is thicker.
       According to Ray Wile's "Edison Disc Recordings," at least two of
these discs were used for Tone Test demonstrations (I haven't checked the other
three).

George Paul