From: Ken aka: OnATorrent <onatorr...@yahoo.com>
To: Antique Phonograph List <phono-l@oldcrank.org>
Sent: Sun, July 29, 2012 9:06:01 PM
Subject: Re: [Phono-L] Looking for a screw for a BK....

John Robles along with everyone else,

I don't think I said anything about it but I just returned from a 4 day visit
Washington DC,  I attended the Internation AIDS Conference held every four
years, where the AIDS Heath Care Foundation (AHF) paid for my travel, hotel
stay, food and driver sence with my Avascular Necrosis would not beable to do
all the walking that it would take if I was on foot and I am in need of a total
left hip replacement.  AHF is a interneation Not-For-Profit organization that
covers 22 countrys, out of all 22 countries the USA is the only one that has
Waiting List for people under insured, low income or without insurance at all.
AHF requested me to speak at the conference so I had to prepair a 15 to 20
mintue speach and I address a croud in the conference room at the hotel I was
staying in and there was roughly 1800 people that attended that gathering.  I
love doing things like this, as it gives me something positive to do and hope
my
efforts help reduce the
number of newly infected people each year.  The infection rage in the USA is
averaged to about 1 person every 16 minutes.  That for me and my view is just
not acceptable and with all we know about HIV and how it is passed, the newly
infected rate with in the USA is not acceptable.  30 years into the crisis and
still not all people know how to protect themselves and education is a major
part in prevention.

I am so happy I was able and asked to do this.  This is the first time the
conference has been held in the USA.  Before Obama lifted the ban on people
with
HIV/AIDS entering this country the conference has had to be held in other
countries.  I can honestly say I am very PROUD of what I do and it makes me
happy to even know I might prevent even one person from becoming infected.  My
calling came after I helped one of my best long time friends die and watching
this and how long and painful with all the suffering he went through I just
knew
I had to become involved and do something.

I hope that this does not turn anyone off sence I know this is a scary and
touchy subject and I have had negitive reactions from people before but I know
and have seen how supporting the Phono Collecting community is and I am very
thankful for that.  I am also thankful that I am able to continue to collect
phonographs and graphophones as this has been my 19 year passion and I just
love
it.  Here in the small mile square town that I live in I was really happy to
take some of my machines into the middle annd high school and educate and show
the kids where there Cd's and other recording medium and where it all started
from.  I was very hard pressed to find even one kid that ever had seen, heard
or
every was taught the history of recorded sound.

Here's wishing everyone good health and much happiness in the future,
Kenneth Keeton

PS: If it was not for my computer and android phone I would not have been able
to keep up with the messages or post my own here on Phono-L while I was away.
am so thankful for that.