From: Andrew Baron <a...@popyrus.com>
To: Antique Phonograph List <phono-l@oldcrank.org>
Sent: Sat, Aug 24, 2013 7:49 pm
Subject: Re: [Phono-L] Amberola 75 serial numbers

Hi Steve ~  Do you have a sense of whether my nickel Diamond C reproducer 48233
would be original to my Amberola 50 Serial #5662?  Also, any idea when the
Diamond C went from nickel to black paint (year and serial number, more or
less)?

At a glance it seems the serial number of my Diamond C is way too high for my
machine unless one factors in the greater number of Amberola 30's being
produced.  Still seems like a high reproducer number for the 4-digit machine
serial number, but I'd like to get your opinion.  This Amberola 50 is otherwise
one of the best-preserved I've seen, decent and original outside, mint under
the
lid, very quiet and smooth "low mile" motor, etc.

Andrew Baron

On Aug 24, 2013, at 7:40 PM, Steven Medved wrote:

> It is a fairly low serial number, I worked on Amberola 30 number 137.  My 50
is SM - - - 7488.  I believe the 30 50 and 75 all had their own serial numbers
as 137 had reproducer serial number 307 on it.  SM is spring motor and number
137 did not have that on the ID plate.

> I believe just under 310,000 of the 30 50 and 75, 60, and 80's were made as I
have not seen a Diamond D reproducer over 310,000.

> Steve
>
>> Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2013 18:15:24 -0700
>> From: john9...@pacbell.net
>> To: phono-l@oldcrank.org
>> Subject: [Phono-L] Amberola 75 serial numbers
>>
>> Hello all
>> I just noticed that the Amberola 75 I purchased at the APS show a couple of
weeks ago is serial numbered SM - - - 7072. The three dashes appear on the ID
plate.  I had not noticed this on other machines.  Is this a low serial number?
>> Also, the drawers do not have the clips for record boxes in them as did my
last 75. I thought at first that the drawers were replacements, but on close
inspection they seem to be original, with no screw holes for the clips. Can
anyone enlighten me? Did the earlier machines not have the clips? Or did the
earlier ones HAVE the clips and later ones don't?