From: phono-l-boun...@oldcrank.org [mailto:phono-l-boun...@oldcrank.org] On
Behalf Of Darrell Lehman
Sent: Friday, November 08, 2013 2:35 PM
To: Antique Phonograph List
Subject: Re: [Phono-L] [78-L] Edison Special Amberols discussion

Aren't the "24 Special Edison Amberol Series D Promotion records" you speak
of the orange boxed ones?

There were only 10 of the blue boxed and they had "Special A", etc numbers.

===========
Peter Fraser wrote:
> Excellent!  Any ideas on why some are flat and some beveled?  I'll dive
into the EPMs for clues as well. Did you touch on them in any of your books?

> Thanks. Great to hear from you.
>
> Also CCing to the list.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> -- Peter
> pjfra...@mac.com
>
>> On Nov 8, 2013, at 1:29 PM, ronald dethlefson <r2d...@pacbell.net> wrote:
>>
>> Peter, Please see Wendell Moore's Edison Phonograph Monthly Vol Viii
>> 1910. The 24 Special Edison Amberol Series D Promotion records are
>> listed there with catalog numbers and content comments. Six of these
>> records were to be given to a person who brought in a customer who
>> bought a new Edison phonograph. This plan was introduced in July 1910. No
more than 24 cylinders were released for this plan, so I assume that it was
not a success. Neither were these special Blue Amberol selections issued in
the regular catalog. So they are quite rare and seldom found today.

>> Best regards, Ron
>>> On Nov 8, 2013, at 11:39 AM, Peter Fraser wrote:
>>>
>>> This is an interesting discussion going on, over on That Other List.
>>>
>>> Note especially the links to great scans of an Edison promo leaflet for
the Special Amberols, directly below.

>>> They are cool and unique...indeed, special.  I have assembled a set of
the blue versions, and note that some are beveled and some are flat ended.
This seems to indicate they stayed in production for a long time.