hehe, cute question.

I think for your purposes, MySql is probably most appropriate.  After all,
if you can get it to do what you need, you can't beat the price of it.

Re:  Which database is best?
This is a very long and convaluted question for which you really need to
identify many criteria from which to disearn an answer.

Here's a couple questions you need to answer, first:
Is cost of db software licensing an issue?
What capabilities does the project require?

Oracle licensing can be very expensive.
Most databases fall inbetween for price/capabilities
Mysql has limited capabilities.

Oracle might be a pain, but you'll find that true of all datbases to one
extent or another.   Oracle is the most capable, but comes with a heavy
price tag also.

For a run anywhere application, consider MySQL.  A lot of ISP's can offer
it, the same won't be true of Oracle, not for a long time to come....  ;-)
-Joe