I'm getting an Invalid Query error after inputting the following

<connect to Server>
<select DB>

$sql_query = "UPDATE commentary SET com_num=$com_num, com_by=$com_by,
com_band=$com_band, com_title=$com_title, com_release=$com_release,
com_rating=$com_rating, com_body=$com_body, com_type=$com_type, WHERE
com_num=$com_num";
$result = mysql_query ($sql_query)
or die ("Invalid query / error");

This is all directly from a form. The variables are all valid.  I've tried
making the query something like
"UPDATE commentary SET com_release=test WHERE com_num=8" and even that
dosen't work.

Ideas?

Thanx,

-Jonathan Underfoot