> Looking at your code for the first row (I've cleaned it up a bit to make it
> readable!):
>
>  <?php
>    $numcols = 5;
>    for ($l = 1; $l <= $numcols; ++$l) {
>  ?>
>  <?php
>        echo $db->f("product_sku");
>  ?>
>  <?php
>    }
>  ?>
>

> It should be pretty clear why you're getting the product just repeated 5
> times across the row.
>
> Your statement:
>        echo $db->f("product_sku"); does not contain any reference to
> variables thus it's essentially a constant. As far as I can make out
> (your style of coding gives me a headache :)) the other loops suffer
> from the same problem.

The whole block is wraped in a while ($db->next_record()) { ...} loop
actually.  Now, I'm not sure if the next_record() method is setting an
internal member to the current record and returning TRUE/FALSE for
success, or if it's actually supposed to be returning a row.

I'm guessing the class is simply being mis-used.  The code is reasonably
logical assuming next_record() is setting an internal member variable to
the current row... doesn't look like it is though.

I know with ASP/VBScript that there's a decent performance hit when you
jump from HTML to VbScript and back again... I would imagine though not as
severe the same also happens in PHP.  Rather than stop the parser, print
out something small like a "</td>" and start the parser back up it's
probably better performance wise to just use the 'echo' function (well,
keyword, I guess echo isn't a real function, print is though).  Plus, it
makes your code more readable without all the <?php ?> marks everywhere.

Justin Buist
Trident Technology, Inc.
4700 60th St. SW, Suite 102
Grand Rapids, MI  49512