> The whole block is wraped in a while ($db->next_record()) { ...} loop
> actually.  Now, I'm not sure if the next_record() method is setting an
> internal member to the current record and returning TRUE/FALSE for
> success, or if it's actually supposed to be returning a row.

It should be the former. But whatever it does, it doesn't change the fact
that the code for displaying the 1st, 2nd and 3rd rows are in fact
displaying a constant for each of the 5 columns.

> I'm guessing the class is simply being mis-used.  The code is reasonably
> logical assuming next_record() is setting an internal member variable to
> the current row... doesn't look like it is though.

If I'm not mistaken it looks to be using the phplib library. I believe it
*is* being used correctly but he doesn't seem to be choosing the correct
fields to display.

> I know with ASP/VBScript that there's a decent performance hit when you
> jump from HTML to VbScript and back again... I would imagine though not as
> severe the same also happens in PHP.  Rather than stop the parser, print
> out something small like a "</td>" and start the parser back up it's
> probably better performance wise to just use the 'echo' function (well,
> keyword, I guess echo isn't a real function, print is though).  Plus, it
> makes your code more readable without all the <?php ?> marks everywhere.

In this case, yes, it's preferable to use echo. But if there are more than a
few lines of html then using echo gets tedious pretty quickly (not mention
having to escape all the "s) :)

regards
--
Jason Wong