I figured out what was wrong...and yes, the db call
was from phplib...I am making modifications to
existing code and so haven't figured out all the inns
and outs...what I did was just create an array from
the object that was being called by the query and then
addressed those array elements individually

here is a sample:
<? for ($l = 1; $l <= $numcols; ++$l) {
        if ($int_j <= $int_i){ ?>
bordercolor="#000000"><?php echo $array_sku[$int_j];
?></td>
        <? } //endif
        $int_j++;
} //endfor

...sorry if the code looks like crap but yahoo tends
to truncate the width...

thanks anyways!

Luis