-----Mensagem original-----
De: J Wynia [mailto:letterj@;Phpgeek.com]
Enviada: quinta-feira, 24 de Outubro de 2002 13:58
Para: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Assunto: [PHP-WIN] Re: Print data

José Moreira wrote:
> hello, at my company we have several network printers and i was was
> wondering if it's possible to print directly to them using PHP, instead
> of showing on the screen or both ...
> to gain more control on what is printed, because of the nasty browsers
> header and footer ... whom i now how to remove ...
>
> i know that the printer IP is  192.192.1.100 and the port is 9005 ...

If you're willing to do a bit of work, you can do a workable solution.
I'm assuming that PHP is running on a Windows server.

You can use the Windows printer functions if the printer was connected
directly. If not, you can still get it to work. The Windows Scripting
Host resources give you a few ways. A kludgy way would be to configure
IE on the printer machine (since it's almost surely installed) to not
show the header and footers. You can use the WSH functions to open a
non-visible IE instance and issue the print command from there. WSH also
has functions in it's COM objects for mapping network printers, etc so
you could customize your own server's IE config and print to a mapped
printer. Lots of ways to skin this cat, but they're all messy.