I think you might be referring to data binding, which I think is only
offered by Internet Explorer. A more browser-independent way is to use
floating iframes that you can refresh depending on where the user has
clicked. The iframe can point to a PHP script that extracts the data for
you as needed. We have something similar working on IE, Opera 5+ and
Netscape 6+, so it is possible to do it, although it requires a bit of
Javascript work.

Cheers,

Marco
--
php|architect - The Monthly Magazine for PHP Professionals

If I find anything I will pass it on.
Eddie