Rasmus Lerdorf ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> What we are not interested in is stopping people who are not subscribed to
> the lists directly from participating.  A lot of people read the lists via
> nntp or through various web gateways.  You can rant all you want about the
> spam, but until you come up with a workable way to not cut off these
> people there isn't much point.

Understandable.

Listar (the one I'm familiar) will send posts that aren't classified as
spam, but still from non-members, to moderators.  Depending on your
mailer, one keypress ("bounce this to [EMAIL PROTECTED]")
will approve the post and send it out. This can be tweaked to
auto-approve future posts from that person.

/Steve