On Wed, Mar 07, 2001 at 09:34:36AM +1300, Simon Roberts wrote:
> >right now, there's a mix of entries in the notes database marked
> >using the page title and the page id. the ones identified only by
> >title need to get fixed in the database.
>
> Out of interest, why did we change to using the page id?

the page title changes depending on the language, the id doesn't.
the id also tends to be a little more stable, since people have
been known to tweak the titles for readability.

mapping the old entries that just have a title and not an id will
be easy, i just need to get around to it.

> >but mainly 'getting it into the rsync repository' was what was on
> >my to-do list.
>
> Cool.
>
> > (if you're talking about commiting the get-user-notes code, it's
> > already there. it needs work, but it is a good start.)
>
> Yeah, I wrote it as a stopgap before all this rsync stuff was up and
> working.  My local version works much nicer, but I didn't want to commit it
> until we had rsync (a far better way than fetching notes from
> http://www.php.net/get-user-notes.php). Once that's done, we can write the
> usernotes from cron, and install the following code into shared-manual.inc

i don't really see how this differs from what is in cvs already
(except for pulling in both the title and id, which will be
unnecessary once the database is fixed), but this is the general
idea.

jim