How exactly would you define success/failure of the RC?...

I mean, if it crashes, you can probably catch that, but what if the output
is just incorrect?

You're back to the problem of only a pre-determined (and very limited)
validation suite can really use this, I think...

Or am I just being obtuse and difficult?

What might be more realistic would be to "fork" the request to an invisible
(to the end user) testing machine and real machine.

Then, the outputs of the two can be compared, and an error report of some
kind generated for any differences.

Ideally, the production output would be sent on its way without any "delay"
waiting for the testing machine to
respond/fail/explode-in-a-burst-of-flames.

There is some overhead, of course, but I *think* this is a more feasible
design, possibly even "doable"...

--
WARNING [EMAIL PROTECTED] address is not working -- Use [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Wanna help me out?  Like Music?  Buy a CD: http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm