On Thu, 3 May 2001, Zeev Suraski wrote:

>And you expect us to give you that power? :)

Did I suggest that? I didn't. I was referring only to
the rest of that piece of text, not the part about 'giving power'.

>Seriously, PHP isn't going to start following Nazi-like strict rules.  We
>shouldn't get into jurisdictions and stuff like that because they're
>endless discussions with no point.  In an opensource project you can set
>guidelines, not laws, and we should work to improve those guidelines as we
>gather experience.

Nobody said anything about following 'nazi-like' strict rules either.
Where are you reading this? I would like to see that email too.

Where can I find these nazi-like strict rules to what kind of procedures
opensource projects should have? Where does it say that an opensource
project can't have strict rules on release cycle?

>I still think that the FastCGI thingy was fine, by the way.  It's modifying
>existing code in the last minute that causes trouble.

Adding any new code into the configure system is a possible cause for
trouble. As is modifying existing code too.

--Jani