Zeev Suraski wrote:

> At 01:40 16/5/2001, Jon Parise wrote:
>
>> How do you feel about renaming the existing diskfreespace()
>> function to disk_free_space() (with an alias for backwards
>> compatibility)?
>

> A warm fuzzy feeling :)  Seriously though, it's been discussed in
> great  length, and at least from what I understood, going in that
> direction was  the general idea.  Slowly, but surely :)

Actually, at least what I remember from the conversations, this was
being put off till someone actually did some work at renaming a set of
the functions, and there are still a good number of unresolved issues
regarding function naming (str_tok() or strtok() to name one).  At this
point, I think placing it in there as disktotalspace() and leaving
diskfreespace() alone would be the right thing to do.  Then when all the
naming issues are hashed out/someone has some work to show, change both
of the functions to their proper names.  At this point a
disk_free_space() function seems out of place in the current naming
scheme (I wouldn't object as much to disk_freespace() and
disk_totalspace(), but overall, I think we should wait until the rest of
the source is namespace complaint and we've decided how to handle the
change to the new naming conventions.)

-Sterling