ID: 12064
User updated by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Old Summary: Truetype functions can't locate fonts
Old Status:
Bug Type: GD related
Operating System: Windows 2000 SP1
PHP Version: 4.0.6
New Comment:

Ok, I checked out filemon.
Here's what's happening:
GD first tries to open files inside the Apache root (not the web root; for instance,
on my box, C:\Program Files\Apache. So, if I've specified "C:\\path\\to\\font.ttf" in
my path, I end up with:
C:\Program Files\Apache\C\C:\path\to\font.ttf.ttf

Next, it tries the current directory. However, it seems to be unable to process
Windows drive letters, and so defaults to drive C: (my webroot's on D:, which is a
problem), so I get
C:\path\to\script\C:\path\to\font.ttf.ttf

You get the idea. I made a directory structure on C: mimicing that of my D: webroot,
but only containing the fonts; it worked fine (although the antialiasing was horrific,
but that's a GD/FT2 issue).

Pretty sure, but it doesn't work the other way around either.

Are you sure that GD understands d:/path/to/font.ttf as a path?
Should it be d:\\path\\to\\font.ttf ?

--Wez.

please use filemon (www.sysinternals.com) to find out where php/gd is searching for
the fonts, and report back.

thanks.

Rasmus:

  I did some reading through the GD docs; it seems that GD uses an environment
variable called GDFONTPATH to locate its fonts when no path is specified (this seems
to imply that the proper extension would also be appended). However, setting this
properly did not work. The documentation also says that a full path will be accepted
(with .ttf ending) if specified as a parameter.

  Seems like a problem with the way PHP is passing the string, perhaps. I would play
with the source, but I don't have a compiler for this environment right now; it seems
that people are not having this problem on Unices, so I won't bother looking there.

Any clue?

Thanks,
Ben

No idea about the Windows version, but on UNIX the new GD2 library is hardcoded to
look for TTF fonts in /usr/share/fonts/truetype.  Also, it automatically adds the .ttf
extension itself so in your code you should not put the .ttf extension on your font.

    http://bugs.php.net/?id=12064

Edit this bug report at http://bugs.php.net/?id=12064&edit=1