Updated by: andy
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Old Status: Feedback
Bug Type: Variables related
Operating System: WinNT IIS
PHP Version: 4.0.6
New Comment:

Ok...

I can't help you anymore.  This is totally bogus.

The linux thing was a joke, because nothing like this would happen with linux.

(*Andy*)

Previous Comments:

[2001-07-22 20:08:15] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

If i replace $SCRIPT_FILENAME with $HTTP_SERVER_VARS["SCRIPT_NAME"] the dirname
function only returns the path from the inet_root but not from the harddrive root.

if i type in the whole path manualy and the inclusion woks, i see that

$REQUEST_URI

is also empty... so my whole project could not work at my server...

I think its a general configuration problem, but what sholud i do?

"--By the way, get Linux." -> later... i have no experience with Linux

[2001-07-22 19:56:17] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Sorry about that...

replace $SCRIPT_FILENAME with $HTTP_SERVER_VARS["SCRIPT_NAME"]

if that doesn't work, I am stumped.

--By the way, get Linux.

(*Andy*)

[2001-07-22 19:53:23] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

If i use:
$path=dirname($HTTP_SERVER_VARS["SCRIPT_FILENAME"]);

i get:
Warning: Undefined index: SCRIPT_FILENAME

[2001-07-22 19:52:52] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PHP doesn't set $HTTP_SERVER_VARS['SCRIPT_FILENAME'], but
$HTTP_SERVER_VARS['SCRIPT_NAME'].

this is bogus.

[2001-07-22 19:49:12] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Please replace $SCRIPT_FILENAME with
$HTTP_SERVER_VARS["SCRIPT_FILENAME"]

so $path=dirname($SCRIPT_FILENAME);

would be changed to

$path=dirname($HTTP_SERVER_VARS["SCRIPT_FILENAME"]);

Please tell me if this works.

Status -> Feedback
Type -> Variables related

    http://bugs.php.net/?id=12310