ID: 12310
Updated by: cynic
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bug Type: Variables related
Operating System: WinNT IIS
PHP Version: 4.0.6
New Comment:

Michael, I think you should devote some time to read the PHP documentation. You're
trying to make orange juice from apples. That won't work.

Also, next time you think you've found a bug, please check that it's not a PEBKAC.

Last, give only accurate, and TRUE!!! info in bug reports. I could easily see that
your bug report was bogus, but with something more complicated or subtle, your claim
that it works on other machines could mislead a developer, and cost them a lot of
their time. I'm sure that would not be your goal.

Andi, I didn't get your remark about Linux. The behavior he was seeing is completely
platform independent.

Ok...

I can't help you anymore.  This is totally bogus.

The linux thing was a joke, because nothing like this would happen with linux.

(*Andy*)

If i replace $SCRIPT_FILENAME with $HTTP_SERVER_VARS["SCRIPT_NAME"] the dirname
function only returns the path from the inet_root but not from the harddrive root.

if i type in the whole path manualy and the inclusion woks, i see that

$REQUEST_URI

is also empty... so my whole project could not work at my server...

I think its a general configuration problem, but what sholud i do?

"--By the way, get Linux." -> later... i have no experience with Linux

Sorry about that...

replace $SCRIPT_FILENAME with $HTTP_SERVER_VARS["SCRIPT_NAME"]

if that doesn't work, I am stumped.

--By the way, get Linux.

(*Andy*)

If i use:
$path=dirname($HTTP_SERVER_VARS["SCRIPT_FILENAME"]);

i get:
Warning: Undefined index: SCRIPT_FILENAME

PHP doesn't set $HTTP_SERVER_VARS['SCRIPT_FILENAME'], but
$HTTP_SERVER_VARS['SCRIPT_NAME'].

this is bogus.

    http://bugs.php.net/?id=12310

Edit this bug report at http://bugs.php.net/?id=12310&edit=1