At 09:12 PM 9/25/2001 +0200, Stig Sæther Bakken wrote:

>But just to get back to release frequency, I do think we release too
>seldom.  There's a lot of process in place now, with a QA branch and
>all.  I think this process is good, but it's congesting.  At this
>point we're almost ready to start the 4.0.8 release before 4.0.7 is
>through the needle's eye.  There's simply too much weight.  For every
>extension we shake off, it the release process gets lighter, and some
>ISP sysadmins may even get their hair back.

I disagree. It does seem annoying that when we finally release 4.0.7, 4.0.8
is pretty much ready for its own QA round but I thought about this a lot
and I think it's better than the alternatives. It allows us to release a
more stable version and it's not such a big deal because 4.0.8 will take a
long time to finish QA anyway. Most people I talk to *don't* like having to
upgrade every month or two. Even three month releases is relatively tight
for them so I think the amount of releases we are doing right now is pretty
good.

Speaking of 4.0.7, I think it's time for RC3 and then a quick release :)
Anyone have anything to commit before that?

Andi