> I believe the OO level we have in ZE2 is the upper limit
> of  what a scripting language should have.  There's no doubt in my mind
> that  going beyond that is going to complicate the language beyond what
> our  average users want.

I would have to disagree to this statement extremly. It would not
complicate the language as those not interested would just ignore the new
options and go along as normal. (i.e. all methods and variables being
public by default)

I sit in many PHP channels (IRC), and observe many class-based PHP
networks (php-classes.org is one I monitor closely) and can say definatly
that the majority of PHP users want *more* OO capabilities in PHP.
Interfaces provide a simple framework for expansive web scripts, which
currently can only be botched with extends... and multiple inheritance
would help my current PHP (web-based) project. If these features are too
complex for you to understand - ignore them!

In my opinion the demand is certainly there, if a subset of people dont
want to use it - we're not asking them to. What the masses are calling for
(and they obviously are with the frequency of this kind of post appearing)
is the option to decide. Although Im no expert on the PHP source code and
the underlying ZE - is it really that complex to please everyone and give
a choice? [for those concerned about the proposed stuff having performance
impacts - then make it a configure option... --with-more-oop (or
whatever)]

--
Dan Hardiker [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
ADAM Software & Systems Engineer