Excellent, looks like this bug report is getting some limelight.
While we are on the topic, I just wanted to put in a small plea.  I
realize that we want to map close the W3C, but I have a small
request.  Don't deprecate get_content().  I realize it is not a well
know W3C standard, but there is a function called wholeText() which
just strings together all the text nodes of a child, skipping any
element nodes.  It is just really a pain in the rear to handle text
nodes by getting the child nodes and then running through them,
checking for text nodes and then concating them together.  It is
just a lot of extra work for something so trivial.  I really do
scream the words W3C most of the time, but it is just so unwieldy to
handle the xml tree without this function.

Dan

Christian Stocker ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have no problem with that, but the old functions should not be
> deprecated, it's the W3C-Standard way. And if i understood it correctly,
> both methods (name and nodeName) can be used for the same...
>
> chregu
>
> On Fri, 7 Jun 2002, Joseph Tate wrote:
>
> > A bug report or two have been made regarding function names in attribute
> > nodes.  Taking a look, nodes have the following access functions:
> >
> > node_name
> > node_type
> > node_value
> >
> > etc.  However attribute nodes have the following access functions:
> >
> > name
> > value
> > specified
> >
> > I am thinking that to make it more consistent, we should change the
> > attribute functions to
> > attr_name or node_name
> > attr_value or node_value
> > attr_specified or node_specified
> >
> > I'd vote for the latter series since the programmer already knows they're
> > attributes.  Renaming will reduce the WTF factor.  We can leave the aliases
> > to the old functions for a while to maintain BC.
> >
> > WISH: I wish there was a Zend Function for marking a function alias as
> > deprecated, I.e. so that a warning message is displayed if the function is
> > used after being marked deprecated.  A way to display the replacement
> > function in the warning message would be nice too.
> >
> > Joseph
> >

> --
> nam...christian stocker    adr...bremgartnerstr. 66, ch-8003 zurich
> pho...+41  1 451 6021      www...http://phant.ch/chregu
> mob...+41 76 561 8860      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> wor...+41  1 240 5670      gpg...0x5CE1DECB
>

> --

Daniel Allen, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://www.mojavelinux.com/