The more I think about it, I dont know if streams should be done in the
domxml extension currently.
This is a big change from its current implementation and if it was to be
undertaken, then why not just start fresh with the unified implementation?
You are talking about implementing everything as streams (the dom, nodes,
etc..) correct?

Even with stream, how would this help in the following problem. You need to
save your document to file. You may be passing it in as a stream, but when
the libxml call is made it just requires a file path. validation on the file
path is still going to be needed.
I cant see using a stream for this as we are not doing any type of I/O here,
just calling another library with a file path.

I might be missing with streams, but after reading the readme, i still dont
see how they will help in this situation.

I feel like I got side tracked from my origional question and am back at
square one.

Rob