Sterling Hughes writes:

> you're missing alot.
>
> Its not inbox size, when you get multi-lingual error messages
> you have more than one problem.
>
> 1) Support.
[snip]

> 2) Implementation.
[snip]

> 3) Everything else is in english.
[snip]

There are other problems too, but these are the biggies. Can't imagine
what this'll do to the workload for the QA folks.

I can appreciate the motive for multi-language error messages, but
its asking for trouble on a huge scale. If english is good enough
for programmers and air traffic controllers all over the world, its
good enough for PHP error messages. :)

> These things should really come about via necessity.  I very rarely
see
> the question "how can i catch parse errors on my production site", if
> you really need, you can turn off display_errors, and that should do
it.

Yup.
When used with the logging stuff [syslog,logfile], it works quite well.

> The fact is, you shouldn't be needing code to catch a parse
> error, if you do, there is something wrong with the way you
> program, not with php.

Bingo.

Regards
Mike Robinson