On Mon, 25 Nov 2002, Daniel Lorch wrote:

> hi,
>
> > What you're missing is that currently to program PHP, you need a reasonable
> > understanding of english. [..]
>
> I agree with Sterlin. I mean, what's next? Also localize language constructs?

    Daniel, Sterling is arguing in favor of having localized
    error messages.

    There is only disagreement about _where_ to provide these
    messages from.

    From my background, I can just say that having localized
    error messages is invaluable.  They need to be accessible all
    the time though.

    You certainly don't want your developers to sit around and
    twist their thumbs because the WAN link is down or php.net
    stopped responding due to full harddisks.  Adding such an
    external requirement is great in a place where you are online
    all the time.  In many parts of the world, that is
    unrealistic though.

    But since a certain mindset seems to be prevailing here,
    localized (inline) error messages will continue to be the
    domain of professional tools.

    - Sascha