> Hello,
>
> What do you think about Zend position?
> http://php.weblogs.com/
> http://zend.com/phorum/read.php?num=3&id=6277&loc=0&thread=6277

I think that if Zend wants to sell it for $6000, then they have all right
to. These guys have worked hard, and they deserve some cash for it.

If people can't afford it at $6000, then that's their problem. Software is
intellectual property, it shouldn't be free, and authors should be able to
charge any price for it they want to charge for it.

But, I don't think it's a wise decision to sell it at $6000, personally I
think I would sell it between $1000 and $4000, but that's just me. ($6000 is
a bit on the high side, considering what alternatives one haves for that
price, and considering that anyone who paid $1000 a year back (I recall
something about 'sponsoring') gets it all.)

-S