[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> But I do know that for $6,000 I sure as hell am not buying it.
> Maybe for a couple hundred...but $6,000?  No way.  I'd have to have
> some seriously proprietary kickass scripts that cost me a huge investment
> in time/money to develop to blow $6,000 just on keeping people from
> copying/tweaking them.  Even then, they're just scripts.  It'd be nice for
> some encapsulated functionality, say, for database access, but
> still, for $6,000 + runtime client?  Nah, PHP code's just not that complex
> and for $6,000 I can set up a number of unique users in the database.
>
> -Szii

Well, without the Encoder the entire *possibility* of "seriously proprietary
kickass scripts" that people distribute and sell is out of the question.
Who said it was for the small developer? For them, there's the
Commercial Subscription plan. The Encoder is for companies whose
business is selling such PHP apps (among other good solutions
as well).

And the Encoder allows for better separation of business and
presentation logic... hell, you could even implement a sort
of business logic PHP "servlet".