|-----Original Message-----

[snip]

On Jul 8, 2003, "Joe Harman" claimed that:

|Okay Petre... You have asked the question that I always wanted to ask!!!
|I can't wait to see peoples answer... I simply can't find a use for it
|either....
|
|Joe

This probably should be on another list, but it might give someone an idea
on how to create something in PHP. I've been trying to figure out if some
of what I'm doing would be good for XML. The answer for that is "no, use a
database."

It seems to me, that XML is a way of encoding data for the transmission
between two processors. For example, the database uses XML to transfer
data to the PHP engine. The weather magnet uses XML to transmit
information to your PHP script, which parses it and produces the HTML
output. My page asks your script for some information, and it's returned
as well-formed XML.

As far as using an XML file to act as a database and your parser to create
the HTML, it's probably better to use a database.

Jeff
(my $.015 [after taxes] )
--
Registered Linux user #304026.