On Mon, 19 Mar 2001, Alexander Bokovoy wrote:

>On Mon, Mar 19, 2001 at 01:19:06PM -0600, Andrei Zmievski wrote:
>> On Mon, 19 Mar 2001, Alexander Bokovoy wrote:
>> > This fix does not work because @MIDCONFIG_FILE@ in php_midgard.h does
>> > not substituted by PHP_OUTPUT using template file php_midgard.h.in.
>> > Either fix building environment in PHP4 which does not allow output
>> > variable's value through template header file for extensions or revert
>> > change back. That change was tested before commit.
>>
>> Well, it wasn't tested well enough. I am against reverting it, because
>> it completely breaks the build.
>Andrei, problem is that build environment needs to be fixed, not module alone.
>This is really serious problem because it prevents people from using Midgard
>extension with, say, PHP 4.0.4pl1 (latest stable PHP4 version) though
>they could do it (there are no dependencies on PHP 4.0.5 in Midgard extension).

Uh. This comes back to the fact that this extension shouldn't even be in
PHP CVS. Where's that PEAR thing? :)

Still, you should not break the whole build by just getting ONE extension
to work. I don't think midgard is that important. As I stated in my commit
comment, read the README.CVS-RULES. They are to be followed. ie.
ASK before commit..TEST before commit. If unsure -> DO NOT commit.

--Jani