Hi John,
ASAIK you are right. Michael, if you use the root account in php you will be able to do what John says.

John Nichel wrote:

Lists wrote:

I have a db in sql, and I need a php/mysql query/command to copy the entire db (schema and data) to a new db. I know how to do this with a table, but I can not figure out how to do this with a whole db. I also know that I could do it using mysql dump, but I don't want to have to run a shell command.

Please help,
MIchael

There may be a shorter way, but the only thing I can think of at the moment is to do this via multiple queries ie

query to create new database
query to read tables and structure in old db
queries to create new tables in new db
queries to dump data from old tables
queries to load data to new tables

You may want to try the mysql list to see if this can be done in one query.

--
Raditha Dissanayake.