Creating new databases is usually done with the mysql root account. Bad idea to use this account in a php script.

Lists wrote:

I have a db in sql, and I need a php/mysql query/command to copy the entire db (schema and data) to a new db. I know how to do this with a table, but I can not figure out how to do this with a whole db. I also know that I could do it using mysql dump, but I don't want to have to run a shell command.

Please help,
MIchael

--
Raditha Dissanayake.