From: "Chris de Vidal" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> I could have put a tag in the template like {bio} but that'd mean
> maintaining HTML in the PHP code which I wanted to avoid (left the
> "prettyness" to the Front Page developer).  Instead, I put something like
> this in the template:
> {if $level > 2}
>  {bio}
> {/if}

Rather than putting "logic" into your presentation layer, the whole "bio"
content should be a separate template. You then make the decision to either
load the template into $bio or not from within PHP. So {$bio} will either be
an empty string or the content of the other template, depending upon your
PHP logic. And you still maintain the separation of "presentation" and
"code"...

---John Holmes...