* Thus wrote Yann Larrivee:
> For shure a beginner will benefit from this has it is problably give him
> a salary increase compared to the guy that is not certified (we all know
> that php developper are under paid) So this part is good.
> It will also eliminate some people out of the market for shure at some
> point.

A certifcate most likely wont get you a salary increase, but it will
be favored in consideration of equal experience.

> Yep emplyers will use it to evaluate people, but like i said i you want
> to get good exprience just work on a open source software if you don't
> have any work experience.

OSS doesn't make a person better programmer, you can easily write
an OSS app and still lack any knowledge of proper writting.

> Now has far has sun certification how it will help you get a php job.
> Well depends what kind of job you are looking for. A job where you only
> do php 24/7 or you do other stuff on the side (Java, C++, PHP, ...)

I still dont see how sun has anything to do with anything, unless
your against OSS philosophy.

> If so then beeing certified PHP just assure that you know PHP and some
> principles.

Assuring someone that you have *some* is much better than the lack
of proof otherwise.

> If you thake the sun certification it is been there for a far longer
> time ans since your job requires both in this case the sun certification
> means more.
>
> But certifications are just there to prove your level of understanding.

So if I have a certificate of 'ed' that make it better than having
a sun certificat since 'ed' has been around longer than sun. And
should land me a much better PHP job.

Curt
--
First, let me assure you that this is not one of those shady pyramid schemes
you've been hearing about.  No, sir.  Our model is the trapezoid!