I think I am  a little bit "confused" about  $HTTP_POST_VARS and  $_POST.

php.net manual: Note that $HTTP_POST_VARS and $_POST are different variables and that PHP handles them as such
http://us4.php.net/reserved.variables

?????

And the example I wrote still doesn't work:

<form method=post action=index.php>
name <input type=text name=first_name>
<input type=submit name=SubmitForm value=Submit>
</form>

After submitting $HTTP_POST_VARS['SubmitForm'] has value 'Submit' and $POST['SubmitForm'] is empty.

Why's that?

Afan

Afan Pasalic wrote:

That's exactly what I did. I overwrite the existing .htaccess with "my" (that has php_flag register_global off) in root directory of my web site (actually: /client/home/afan/docs/.htaccess - place where my web site is stored). And I have a permission and it really overwrote the existing .htaccess.

But, let me ask something else - maybe I am wrong from "begining"...

I have this code:

<?php
# index.php
if(isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['SubmitForm']) == 'Submit')
{
   echo "OK";
}
?>

<form method=post action=index.php>
name <input type=text name=first_name>
<input type=submit name=SubmitForm value=Submit>
</form>

the code above works fine. But when I use
if(isset($_POST['SubmitForm']) == 'Submit')
it doesn't work?!?

Is this actually register_global problem or something else?