Afan Pasalic wrote:
I think I am  a little bit "confused" about  $HTTP_POST_VARS and  $_POST.

php.net manual: Note that $HTTP_POST_VARS and $_POST are different variables and that PHP handles them as such
http://us4.php.net/reserved.variables

This just means that they don't occupy the same space in memory; $_POST is not a reference to $HTTP_POST_VARS and vice versa. If you make a change to one, the change doesn't carry over to the other.

And the example I wrote still doesn't work:

<form method=post action=index.php>
name <input type=text name=first_name>
<input type=submit name=SubmitForm value=Submit>
</form>

After submitting $HTTP_POST_VARS['SubmitForm'] has value 'Submit' and $POST['SubmitForm'] is empty.

Why's that?

Check to make sure you're using $_POST['SubmitForm'] and not $POST['SubmitForm'].

--
Regards,
Ben Ramsey

http://www.phpcommunity.org/
Open Source, Open Community
Visit for more information or to join the movement.