Hello,

on 04/01/2006 12:00 PM Andrei Verovski (aka MacGuru) said the following:
> Anyone can suggest me which PHP AJAX framework you are using, for what
> reason(s), what are pros and cons of your particular choice.
>
> I found many, and now facing difficult choice.
>
> BTW, how do you pass session id between calls to PHP from JavaScript (cookies
> or explicit foo.php?PHPSESSSIONID=blahblahblah)?
>
> Thanks in advance for any suggestion(s).

Regardless of the framework you choose, note that AJAX solutions based
on XMLHttpRequest objects are problematic for reasons listed in this
blog post below. Despite it is an older technology, for most purposes
people want to use AJAX, IFrame based solutions are more capable and
reliable.

* Browser compatibility

* Browser security constraints

* Single JavaScript base code

* Response speed

* File form upload

http://www.phpclasses.org/blog/post/51-PHPClasses-20-Beta-AJAX-XMLHttpRequest-x-IFrame.html

As for AJAX solutions, I use this forms generation class also mentioned
in the post, which has a plug-in form submiting and processing forms in
the background using IFrame based AJAX requests.

http://www.phpclasses.org/formsgeneration

--

Regards,
Manuel Lemos