> I see that there are a few different Universities in Africa supporting
> that framework.  How active is the developer community?  How long has
> KINKY/Chisimba been around?

The AVOIR Project has been going for about 2 years now. KINKY and
KEWL.NextGen were the first products of that project. Chisimba is the
PHP5 version of KINKY geared more towards a Services Oriented
Architecture and a generally excellent framework.

Our developers list is very active (over 100 mails a day) and we have
over 60 developes in 16 countries  that are active on a daily basis.
Those numbers are growing constantly as well.

We are always looking for others though, and the elearning aspect should
not scare off other uses. We have over 20 different applications built
on this framework besides elearning.

All code is OOP and the overall framework is very robust.

--Paul

All Email originating from UWC is covered by disclaimer
http://www.uwc.ac.za/portal/uwc2006/content/mail_disclaimer/index.htm