On a real web host, they'll let you have a .htaccess file where you can
disable them like so:

php_value magic_quotes_gpc 0

(I keep saying "real web host" because I've just recently had to deal with a
few web hosts that a client insisted on that didn't have a standard
configuration and didn't support .htaccess files.  I lost 6 hours of my life
right before Christmas trying to work around that fact, and I can't get them
back.  If you find yourself in the same situation, vote with your feet and
let such hosts die a horrible and bankrupt death.)

On Sunday 14 January 2007 10:46 am, Beauford wrote:
> I just turned  off get_magic_quotes in my PHP.ini, but not sure if the
> hosting company has it on or not once I upload the site.

Larry Garfield                  AIM: LOLG42
[EMAIL PROTECTED]               ICQ: 6817012

Jefferson