Copying this back on list where it belongs...

If the apache process on the server is configured to support .htaccess files,
then there shouldn't be anything special you need to do.  Do you have any
other htaccess directives in use that could be affecting it?  Remember that
it's not "htaccess", it's a ".htaccess" file.  Mind the period.

--
Larry Garfield                  AIM: LOLG42
[EMAIL PROTECTED]               ICQ: 6817012

Jefferson