On Fri, 2007-04-13 at 16:05 +0200, Tim wrote:
> CSS is young, it will mature in time, meanwhile to each his own layout
> manner.
>
> I see what you are saying Rob, (yes the BUT) BUT table are "orginally" for
> formatting data in a litteral manner and css is for "layout".

I'm sure by "formatting" you mean lay out ;)

> Personally i have a heck of time getting embedded tables to do the job for
> me especially when mixed with javascript (then again i am not using any
> click and go make your site "program", and am NOT saying you are, just that
> generating the layout with php i find easier with embedded divs doing
> mentionning the easy of using div classe rather then table/tr/td
> classes...).

*lol* I don't use tables everywhere, I do still use divs when I can and
I've found them to be stable and useful. But there are some instances
where a table just gets me what I want without fuss.

> I found css to be really helpfull in all my designs with essentially no
> hacks for cross-browser compatiblity (ie6 ie7 ff1 ff2) which are the 80%+
> browsers on the market today.
>
> Eggh, maybe i should try opening one of my sites in OPERA one of these days
> so i can cry :P But then again i don't guarantee they work on any other then
> the stated browsers and my clients are fine with that... So far..
>
> I see your point and understand fully.. Hopefully css will evolve into a
> purely compatible layout facilitation for web designers/programmers in the
> future, so far it has made my day and my UNTable sites are quite clean, and
> hopefully it will make yours someday ;)

Hopefully... I'm in full favour of it!

> Oh and guys, since when is their ONE good way of doing things??? The only
> thing i regret here is the violence some of these posts take :) Isn't the
> world full of it already? Can't we tone it down in here where their is some
> resemblance of peace? ;)

What violence? No violence that I've seen.

Cheers,
Rob.