Rob,

Thank you for responding.

Try the following:
... you load PrintImage.php into your browser and you'll get a nice gray rectangle with the word "Works!" in the center of it.
> If you don't get that... then you have a problem that is not related to path or to PHP per-se...

Wow... thank you so much for providing that code to help me test my environment.

I ran your script - with the corrections you provided - and did not get the text that says "Works!".

I've checked with various fonts, and checked that they worked in OpenOffice and other apps, so I don't think fonts are the problem.

As for GD support, phpinfo() it says:

GD Support      enabled
GD Version      2.0 or higher
FreeType Support        enabled