Hi Dave,

Thanks for the compliment! :)

About TTF support in shared hosting... every decent hosting option should
support it. Though it is kind of an optional feature, it is as common as GD
itself (at least 9 out of 10 CAPTCHA scripts will rely on it). So if TTF
support is not installed, the hosting provider should install it. How they
should install it is up to them, and varies from system to system.
In other words, if TTF support is not installed and your hosting provider is
not willing to install it (or wants to charge you for that), either they don't
have a clue, or they want to take advantage of your needs... in both cases the
service sucks. We use CentOS boxes with DirectAdmin, and installing GD with TTF
support is part of the standard setup.
You cannot rely on ImageMagick, or the PHP ImageMagick extension being
installed, though some hosting companies support it. But GD with TTF, Freetype,
JPG and PNG support is pretty standard, like mbstring, cURL, or the sockets
extension.

Best Regards,

Rob

Andrés Robinet | Lead Developer | BESTPLACE CORPORATION
5100 Bayview Drive 206, Royal Lauderdale Landings, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308 |
TEL 954-607-4207 | FAX 954-337-2695
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]  | MSN Chat: [EMAIL PROTECTED]  |  SKYPE: bestplace |