Thank you for your reply.  The password is not stored, actually, like in a
databse.  We're only dealing with one password. When the user inputs the
password, he/she should be able to input either in lower or upper case or
both abd they should have access to the "protected file" in this case.

Is this what you are recommending below?

Best
R.C.

news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]