Tedd,

thank you for your input but it's the site client who wants the user to
input this ONE password either upper or lower case...it's for accessing a
protected page... nothing major.

But generally I agree... if the user has selected a password, that is what
he/she wants and it should be left alone.

BTW: I used Chris' and Nathan's code and it's working fine.

Best
R.C.

news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]