2009/4/7 Chris <dmag...@gmail.com>:
> bruce wrote:
>>
>> Hi Ladies/Gents of the list...
>>
>> I've got an issue/question and figured I'd fire it to the list.
>>
>> Over time, I've had a few projects that I've worked on, where I've
>> required
>> someone with skills way beyond mine for a given area. And rather than
>> spend
>> hours trying to figure it out, I've sometimes hired someone to aid for a
>> very short amount of time..
>>
>> The issues have ranged from serious db optimization, to server security
>> issues, etc...
>>
>> I was wondering, I'm assuming that other developers here have had similar
>> issues. Has anyone thought about doing a group hire of someone with the
>> advanced skills to solve the particular issue for the problem domain.
>>
>> IE if enough people have, or know you're going to have mysql questions...
>> Then we find someone who's good/skilled and more or less have that person
>> on
>> retainer for the group. This of course depends on how many people would
>> want
>> to use the person's skills, and how often we'd need the person, and other
>> issues...
>>
>> I figured that I'd post here to see what the list thinks/thought.. etc...
>
> You can post job requests for stuff like this on elance.com, rentacoder.com
> and I'm sure hundreds of other places.
>
> I don't think this list is the appropriate place for it really but that's
> just my opinion.

Didn't really read Bruce's email didya Chris?!!

@Bruce: In my experience most common problems that everyone has are
documented somewhere on the internet, and for those problems that
aren't common I think it's unlikely you'd get enough people willing to
pay a retainer for something that's readily available on demand fairly
inexpensively, but I've been wrong before.

-Stuart

--
http://stut.net/