Since I have to use a number of Western languages that have those
annoying accents on many characters, I am already finding some
annoyances in my code results; like having to enter the á type of
stuff in inputs for searches & queries.
MySql db is set up for InnoDB with latin1_swedish_ci for Collation; I
believe this is default.
Utf-8 seems to be one way to overcome the problems, but is it the only
way - seems a little cumbersome as I have no need for oriental & other
extra-terrestrial cyphers. (I'm incorrigibly lazy.)
If it is the only way, what difficulties could I expect from an ISP
hosting a virtual site?

--
Hervé Kempf: "Pour sauver la planète, sortez du capitalisme."