tedd wrote:
At 9:24 AM -0400 10/29/09, Robert Cummings wrote:
Bob McConnell wrote:
By the way, HTML Validator, another FF add-on I recommend every
developer install, shows a number of warnings on that site, similar to
'line 115 column 1 - Warning: <td> attribute "width" has invalid value
"49.5%"'. (NOTE: If you are on Linux, the FF add-on site incorrectly
states this add-on is not available. But when you go to the home site
for the add-on, there are Linux versions to install.)
Excellent, thanks for the info.

Cheers,
Rob.

Rob:

I just bookmark the following in my browser:

javascript:void(document.location='http://validator.w3.org/check?uri='+document.location)

Then when I want to validate anything, I just use that bookmark.

I use the W3 validator all the time... but it's a pain in the rear cutting and pasting the page source when the content is behind a firewall or requires a user login. Additionally, some of the material I work with requires clearance and it would be a breach of security for me to paste it to a public site. If my evaluation of this plugin produces no issues then it will be useful in my day to day job and from what I see it is much MUCH more convenient than linking to the W3 site :)

Cheers,
Rob.
--
http://www.interjinn.com