At 12:48 PM +0530 5/14/10, Jagdeep Singh wrote:
Hi All!

I am looking for a solution, I want a user to do a single Login only on a PC
.

E.g. If a User has logged on my website website.com in Internet explorer,
then he cant login on same website in another browser like Firefox etc with
same loginid or another.

Can I trace MAC address of a single machine to solve this issue?

Or is there a concept of GLOBAL COOKIE / Cross Browser Cookie which will
work for all browsers in a single machine..

I hope You will help me out

Regards

Jagdeep Singh
+91 9988009272

Jagdeep:

I don't think this is solvable.

You can make it such that if a person is logged-in that they cannot log-in again until they log-out of their current session -- that's do able.

But using IP addresses, or trying to sniff the machine, or other such attempts at identifying user will most certainly be problematic and not solve the problem.

Good luck,

tedd

--
-------