At 11:55 PM -0400 9/12/10, Paul M Foster wrote:

I hate to seem flippant, but here would be my conversation with this
customer:

Customer: "My employees got access to the database while I was gone
yesterday!"

Consultant: "Well, let's see. Oh, it appears you didn't properly log
out."

Customer: "Yes, but I was *gone*. They weren't supposed to be able to
access the database unless I'm *here*."

Consultant: "The only way we know that is if you log in and log out
properly. Now, if you like, we can put a nanny-cam in your office, and
whenever you're not there (like in the bathroom), the whole thing shuts
down. That will cost $x. Your choice. We've been working on the
mind-reading extension to PHP, but it's not finished yet."

Customer: Thanks for your opinion. We'll be in touch.

Customer to his secretary: Let's find someone who knows how to do this.

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------